Saturday, July 29, 2006

Got Chocolate Milk?

I've always loved chocolate milk. I would rather drink chocolate milk than regular milk. Actually, I would rather drink chocolate milk than water. I know that's not practical, but it's the truth. Now, I have an excuse to drink chocolate milk. A study published in the International Journal of Sports Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism recently, says chocolate milk is an effective recovery aid after a strenuous workout. In fact, the study said drinking chocolate milk helped athletes perform nearly twice as well in subsequent workouts than a carbohydrate replacement drink, and just as effective as Gatorade. I love Gatorade, but not as much as I love chocolate milk! Now, I have an excuse to drink both of them. I'll drink Gatorade during the workout, to replenish the fluids and electrolytes I lose while working out, then drink chocolate milk after the workout to help my muscles recover. Now, all I have to do is start working out...

No comments: