Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Best Dunk Ever?

I have to confess. I like watching a good dunk. I know, basketball purists, like legendary UCLA coach John Wooden, claim the dunk is to blame for the decline in fundamentals by American basketball players. But, anything that I can't do, no matter how hard I try, like give birth, fly, or dunk a basketball, holds a special place in my heart. The artistry of a Michael Jordan, Dominique Wilkins or Vince Carter is beautiful to watch. Having said that, I thought I had seen it all on the basketball court, until I saw the video of Taurian Fontenette, otherwise known as "The Air Up There", pull off a 720 degree dunk. That's two complete 360 degree revolutions! It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. Fontenette performed the dunk as part of the And 1 basketball tour.

You HAVE to see the video of his 720 degree dunk at the And 1 website.

No comments: