Thursday, June 08, 2006

Lessons From A Pro

Hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in free golf lessons, right here on KLTV 7. That is the premise behind our summer series we kicked off this week called Lessons From A Pro. We will feature eight different PGA teaching professionals in the months of June and July, offering their favorite golf teaching tips. We began with The Cascades head golf professional Kenny Huff, who offers a different way to hit out of a greenside bunker.

I have to tell you, I was in awe of what Kenny was able to do. We shot several takes of the golf tip, so I could get different angles. That meant, Kenny had to hit that bunker shot dozens of times. Not once did he miss hit that shot! I couldn't believe it. Do you know how hard it is to hit a shot out of the sand? I do, and I'm here to say, I probably couldn't put two of ten shots within 20 feet of the pin. When we were finished shooting, I retrieved a large group of balls that all landed in the same spot, within five feet of the pin! It was amazing.

Anyway, keep an eye out for more tips, every Tuesday night at 10pm.

No comments: